We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide at www.iremiowa.com, the website owned by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) Iowa Chapter 63. This statement tells you about the information IREM collects, how it uses the information, and how you can control the information you provide.
Other websites affiliated with IREM for delivery of products and services maintain their own privacy policies.
What information we collect
We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, learn about our visitors, and maintain our membership and customer records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, firm affiliations and titles);
- Tracking information each time you visit our site, use our online store, or access links in our electronic communication; and
- Information you volunteer, via applications, profiles, surveys, or purchase forms (for example, education, designations, specialties, property types, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
How we use the information we collect
We use this information to:
- Publish our online membership directory
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our site and other communication tools, such as newsletters and the Journal of Property Management;
- Notify you of updates to our site;
- Notify you of relevant products and services;
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs;
- Track usage of our site
IREM does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses to third parties, except:
- to coalitions formed for the advancement of industry interests in regulatory or legislative activity;
- to exhibitors and sponsors of nationally sponsored meetings and conferences; or
- when required by law or valid legal process.
Your right to control information
- Members –When you log in to the IREM website with your username and password,, you may do the following by linking on myIREM:
- You may edit your member directory and mailing information directly.
- You may choose to exclude your phone number, your fax number, your e-mail address, or your entire member record from the IREM online member directory.
- You may opt to have your fax, phone number, e-mail or entire record removed from IREM’s lists for distribution to third parties.
- E-mail opt out for all users (members and non-members):
- You may opt to have your e-mail address removed from all lists including communications from IREM and third parties. Please click here to exercise your choice to opt out.